Wednesday, September 20, 2006

postscript to Poor Sportsmanship Vent

So, heard back this morning from the person I sent my complaint to. Here's what I got back (along with a copy of the email I sent him) [names have been edited]:

Good Morning, I would say that I am not the appropriate person for this e-mail but I have forwarded it to [Woman] at the Y who is in charge of the league. I merely was an organizer for this area, but will discuss with [Man] the other organizer your concerns. I am sure that [Woman] will e-mail you with her thoughts. I was certainly not impressed by what I heard, and I am sure that this is not the behavior or sportsmanship that the league is trying to promote. Feel free to e-mail me again if you don't hear from anyone. [organizer person]

----- Original Message -----
From: [markira]
To: [organizer person]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:26 PM
Subject: C---- Green

Hi [organizer person]...I'm not sure if you're the appropriate person to go to on this(I'm sure you've already heard from other people who were at the game, who also didn't know who to speak with). I was absolutely appalled at the poor sportsmanship displayed by C---- Green at the soccer game tonight. I was particularly upset by a) the C---- Green coach who did CARTWHEELS whenever his team scored and b) the CG goalie and two fullbacks who SAT DOWN on the field during the game, as if they couldn't even be bothered to pretend that H---- could get the ball down to their end. They remained seated for many minutes, it was very obvious, and their coach said and did nothing. This behavior, by both coach and players, was inappropriate and extremely insulting to our team.

If you are not the proper person to handle this complaint, could you please let me know to whom I should direct it? I strongly feel that this coach and the behavior he is modelling and allowing on his team is an extremely poor reflection on the league.

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
[markira]

************
So of course, people, the [Man] that [organizer person] is referring to is.....ta-DAH!!!.....the coach of C---- Green. Did we see this coming?

I will keep y'all posted. mk
************
Whew. My bad. Organizer and coach are NOT the same person. Received copy of email from another parent (this one's a power-parent, so we should see some results), including the name of the coach. Am greatly relieved. Will continue to update. mk

No comments: