Thursday, February 07, 2008

Today I'm on London Time

In London it's 5:15pm. So I think today I'm on London time.

This makes it WAY more acceptable for the fact that I am buzzed.

I was wondering just a few minutes ago why it is that I love myself when I am buzzed (yeah, okay, go ahead and say drunk if you want, but I don't think I'm drunk, but I looooooooooove you, you're my besssssssst friend, nobody has EVER understood me like you, we are like, connected, y'know??? but I'm not drunk) but I can't stand myself most of the time.

A few minutes ago, I was sexy, fun, smart, beautiful, and someone that you should totally hang out with all the time, because really? You are missing out on my wonderfulness. Right now? Well, lemme get another sip, and I'll get back to you.

What the hell is that?

Now, before the moms get up in arms, the kids are with their father today. Yeah, it's Thursday, but there's a snow day (a-freakin-GAIN, what the hell is this? We're gonna miss the Fourth of July parade at this point) and X says that the kids WANTED to stay with him (although, funnily enough, when I actually spoke to the kids themselves, they were more like, meh, whatever, which makes me think it's more like X didn't want to drive them home in the weather...WHY could he not just say that? It's not like I would argue with it, but hey, that would be something like HONESTY, which X is not particularly an advocate of, so there ya go). So anyway, no kids, nowhere to go, housework is amazingly enough pretty well caught up, so this is a relatively guilt-free drunk, once you get past the whole a) Um, Baptist and b) Um, it is now 12:21 pm EST, but as I explained I'm on London time today and c) "good girls" don't do this. But anyway. What the hell. I have vodka, I have Crystal Light (carb free! calorie free! sugar free! just don't ask me to pronounce the ingredients). So there. Jenny, you should be here. We'll have a freakin' cocktail party today!

Wow. Drunk writing. I haven't done drunk writing in awhile. Whoo-hooo.

The other exciting thing that I have going on today is watching court shows. You know, People's Court, and Judge Mathis and --you know, all the "Battles of the Gavels" or whatever they're calling it these days. Ever noticed how much totally irrelevant stuff gets brought up in these cases, 90% of the time by the judges who want to know the whole scuzzy background of these people, no matter how little it had to bear on the current court case?

So anyway, that's all the freakin' exciting stuff I've been doing. Not. a. hell. of. a. lot.

anyway. Mostly this post is because I'm feeling a bit weird that it's days since I've done anything approaching an entry. (other than the meme. Have you done the meme? Do it. Really. I'm always interested to see what other people have lying around for books.)

So there. OK, I think I might have to move on to Milan time. Or Moscow. Or Hong Kong. mk

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH ha ha ha ha ha. I feel less guilty about being buzzed when a) Z-man fell off the barstool, b) I forgot to call you back....hmmm... if you weren't still buzzed, I'd ask you to come over to help me finish off this bottle of red truck. btw I think you're fabulous and full of wonderfulness all the time. ;D

Anonymous said...

reading that over, it seems like i've been getting into the sauce, too, but let me assure you that I am completely sober.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Dude. You need to drunk blog more often. You're even funnier than usual.

You, me, noon cocktails.

The Beast Mom said...

Can you write in Weed, California time? Yes, there's an actual city called, "Weed". I wanna' move there.

-bm

markira said...

I think I am actually frightened of what might occur should I write in Weed time.

On the other hand, it could be fun. Anybody wanna join me?