Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Hate Waiting

To be filed under: Things that really shouldn't bother me but somehow do....

My period is late. Now, I'm not sexually active (I know! Shocking! You didn't know that at all!), I've had my tubes tied, there is absolutely no possible way short of immaculate conception that I could be pregnant, and I just had emergency abdominal surgery about a month ago that left me with only one functioning ovary. It is also not unknown for my period to be a little late now and then in the last couple of years, as I am pretty sure I am approaching perimenopause.

However. This irritates me. My period used to be like clockwork. I mean, I knew that at 10:00 on Tuesday I would start my period. This was a good thing, because I like knowing when things are going to happen. I don't like unpleasant surprises. I don't like waiting (I am not a patient person). When my period is late, I spend an inordinate amount of time wondering when it is going to show up, and interpreting every little twinge in the abdominal area as potential menstrual cramps. [Particularly amusing since there have been a LOT of twinges in the abdominal area since surgery.]

I know that especially the abdominal surgery could be affecting my period, as my body adjusts to the physical trauma that it experienced. Mental stress alone is enough to affect things like that, much less hello! surgery.

But I still wish it would get here. As my mom says, hurry up and get here so it can leave. mk

p.s. I am also curious to see if there is any change in my period now that the big-ass cyst isn't there anymore. Since we've no idea how long it had been there, it is possible that it has been affecting me for years. A very interesting idea. (man, it would be AWESOME if my period got lighter and shorter and less horrible. fingers crossed! toes crossed! oh hell, I look like a pretzel I'm crossing so many things)

Edited to add: well, it arrived. Blog about it and it will come, I guess! (next up: how I win ten million dollars) So far it doesn't seem any different. Dang it. Major carb cravings. Also desire to curl up under covers and die today. Fortunately, I have nothing which requires my immediate attention today *and* I have several unread books, so I believe that is the plan. Me, bed, books, heating pad, and much Aleve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm. Interesting. I don't really have anything to say...just felt badly that it said "0 comments" Um, yeah...

Anonymous said...

Hey 'ro'; so you think you had nothing to say....???

This topic is completely 'girls-only'.....(and yet, I still read on).

Paul (the Faithful)