Monday, July 10, 2006

Camp Songs

In honor of Mark's week at summer camp, here are a couple of camp songs. Enjoy!

Camp Granada (of course!!)

Hello Muddah, hello Faddah,
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Camp is very entertaining,
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining.

I went hiking with Joe Spivey,
He developed poison ivy.
You remember Leonard Skinner,
He got Ptomaine poisoning last night after dinner.

All the counsellors hate the waiters,
And the lake has alligators.
And the head coach wants no sissies,
So he reads to us from something called Ulysses.

Now I don't want this should scare ya',
But my bunkmate has Malaria.
You remember Jeffery Hardy,
They're about to organize a searching party.

Take me home, oh Muddah, Faddah,
Take me home, I hate Granada.
Don't leave me here where
I might get eaten by a bear.

Take me home,
I promise I will not make noise,
or mess the house with other boys,
Oh please don't make me stay,
I've been here one whole day...

Dearest Muddah, Darling Faddah,
How's my precious little bruddah?
Let me come home if you miss me,
I would even let Aunt Bertha hug and kiss me!

Wait a minute, it's stopped hailing,
Guys are swimming, Guys are sailing!
Playing baseball, gee that's bettah,
Muddah, Faddah kindly disregard this lettah!!!



The 12 Days of Summer Camp (tune of 12 Days of Christmas)

On the first day of Summer Camp,
My leader said to me,
Be careful of poison ivy.

2nd day Clean out the lats and
3rd day Don't chew gum.
4th Don't throw up!
5th Where's your hat?
6th Time for inspection.
7th Take out the garbage.
8th Eat your oatmeal.
9th Where's my repellant?
10th Drop that snake.
11th Not another seance.
12th Where are your parents?

No comments: