Monday, May 01, 2006

May 1, 2006

Well, Kira's sick. Image X called me yesterday morning (woke me up, actually) to tell me that he was taking her to the hospital because she had spiked a fever of 104.2. He said I didn't need to go, but c'mon, my kid goes to the ER and I just roll over and go back to sleep? I don't think so.

Turns out Kira has....wait for it....the flu. Oh, I am SO glad that we went through the whole ER visit for the flu. I swear, X and D. run to the ER every two minutes. Hope like heck their insurance picks this whole thing up, 'cause I'm not impressed to have to pay for an ER visit to find out she's got the flu...and a light case of it, no less!

She woke up in the middle of the night gagging and threw up a little bile. Poor sweetie is miserable. Right now she's on the couch behind me with her teddy bear and some ginger ale.

On the gardening front, I got the rest of my seeds started yesterday (except the morning glory, which I nicked the seed pods & soaked overnight, need to plant them this morning).

OH, and I won the eBay bid on the tomato plants for Donald. Sent in the PayPal payment yesterday. I'm having them delivered to Mom & Dad's house because it was over $2 cheaper to have it go to their house than my house. Image

Mark's got another baseball game tonight, but I don't think I'll be going. Think Kira and I will be staying home. Need to call Mary S. today and see about Mark hitching a ride with her (the original plan was for all of us to go together in my car). Mark is not impressed that I'll be missing his second game.

Well, I need to go crack the whip to get Mark ready for school, and also get some housework started. I hope I actually get something done today. Kira wants to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory after Mark leaves, so there is hope.

No comments: