Monday, May 29, 2006

May 29, 2006

I am addicted to FreeCell. And not in a good way. It started out the same way I play Mahjong solitaire....just a nice soothing way to relax. Then it started becoming a challenge. I currently have a 65% win statistic, but that's from the very beginning when I didn't even know how to play. I think if I restarted the statistics now my win record would be pretty good...my biggest win streak right now is 11 games in a row. But I'm keeping the original statistics because I think it's more honest.

Anyway, now I play FreeCell the way other people smoke cigarettes. Not because I particularly WANT to play it....but I somehow NEED to....and it's right there. I can open it with a simple little click of the mouse. I'll play a game, then get frustrated because I'm not even having that much FUN, so I'll close it out. And then reopen it in about three more minutes. And play another game.

I'm hoping to get done with this blog entry and then go take a shower (which is DESPERATELY needed, as I mowed the lawn this morning and am covered in sweat, dirt and grass clippings)...WITHOUT playing "just one" game of FreeCell before I log off. Somehow I doubt I'll make it.

Here I go....wish me luck.

No comments: