Saturday, November 25, 2006

I Survived! (aren't you all relieved)

Well, the kickoff to the holiday season has been successfully completed. It has been a busy (and exhausting) few days.

Thanksgiving was very nice, not a lot to say there. Went home in the late afternoon, *should* have gone to bed early, did not, stayed up for CSI and Shark. I have an alarm clock where you can set two different alarms (very useful, I love that option). Alarm1 is always set for weekdays at 6:30am. Alarm2 is the one that I change around depending on when I need to get up. So I set that one for 3:30am. Shows over at 11, I figure I was sound asleep by 11:30.

At 12:20am, my alarm clock went off. Apparently there is some surprise Alarm3 that is cued to go off when you are just reaching REM-sleep the night before you have to get up at an insanely early hour and are already only going to have 4 hours of sleep. Seriously, though, it was a freaky thing. I checked both alarm settings, and they were NOT for 12:20. Nowhere on that thing could I find any reason for the alarm going off at that time. So of course, my next thought was Holy shit, I am going to find out tomorrow that someone DIED at that particular moment. (you will be almost as relieved as I am that I did not, in fact, hear about any deaths yesterday, or even today for that matter.)

So, back to sleep until Alarm2 did its job and woke me at 3:30. (yes, Elise, I DID actually get up then!) I was in line by 4:15 for the 5:00 opening. And was definitely not the first person there. But considering that the line ended up winding along the entire length of the building and then halfway up the parking lot, I was okay with where I was in line. Store opened, I got the bike and a few other items, checked out, and on my way to the second store. It was at that point 5:30, with a 6:00 open at the second store. There were four people ahead of me. So needless to say, no problems there. They opened five minutes early, too. By 6:20, I had gotten all the shopping done, had gone to Dunkin for some Munchkins, and was at my folks' house.

Still had the whole rest of the day ahead of me with lots o' activities, too. yeehaw.

I'd tell ya all about it, but I'm still exhausted, so I'm going to bed. More to come. mk

No comments: