Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween Meme

Here's a Halloween Meme I found. I totally tag all of you, and tell me in the comments if you did it, so I can go check yours out.

1. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
Seven. For ages after that, whenever I took a shower, I was afraid that when I pulled the shower curtain back, the person punished for Sloth would be there. That guy totally freaked me out. Another movie that terrified me was Ransom. I happened to see that the first time I left my son with a babysitter. The thing that scares me most in the world is something happening to one of my kids. "Traditional" scary movies might make me a little jumpy at first, or I might sleep with the lights on afterwards if I'm in the house alone, but I enjoy them. What can I say, I started reading Stephen King books when I was about ten, and not a one has ever scared me. I'm a freak.

2. What was your favorite Halloween Costume from childhood?
None from childhood. I was the Headless Horseman once for a community Halloween party I organized when I was working at the bank several years ago. Totally awesome costume, I loved it.

3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this Halloween?
Something tiny and skimpy which would look wonderful because of all the amazing liposuction I had.

4. When was the last time you went Trick or Treating?
Last year. Of course, I stayed on the sidewalk and the kids went up to the houses, but I snuck some of their candy.

5. What's your favorite Halloween Candy?
Snickers. Skittles.

6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had.
I have nightmares several times a week. There are things chasing me in most of them, although sometimes I am trapped in a pit with them.

7. What is your Supernatural Fear?
I am afraid of monsters. Really. I also won't look in mirrors after dark, because I am afraid I will see something in them other than me.

8. What is your Creepy-Crawly Fear?
I HATEHATEHATE bats. Not thrilled by spiders and snakes and mice, but willing to not freak out as long as they are not heading in my direction.

9. Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go bump in the night.
I have actually witnessed a lot of ghosty-type things. I volunteered at an 18th century Victorian mansion when I was a teenager, giving tours, and there were three ghosts that lived there. One closed doors, one ran down the stairs, and another rocked in a rocking chair. Many volunteers witnessed these things, and more than one left immediately, never to return. The house I grew up in (that my parents still live in) also has ghosts, which moved things around in my bedroom a lot, and opened doors. There was a vaguely malevolent presence that lived in the front bedroom (which is the biggest bedroom in the house, with two closets, and I *could* have had that room as my bedroom, except I couldn't sleep in there, so I actually went back to sharing the tiny bedroom with my sister). I also saw a form with ragged wings (but *not* an angel) floating at the end of my bed one night. Scared hell out of me. Other people have also sensed these presences. There's lots more, but I don't want to talk about it.

10. Would you ever stay in a real Haunted House overnight?
It is highly highly doubtful. I have entirely too much imagination. There would have to be a LOT of money involved, and many many strong men to protect me. (or to be killed first while I escape.) And even then, probably not.

11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern Carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?
Creative. I do a lot of cat faces and spider webs. Sometimes words.

12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween?
This year I haven't decorated AT ALL (it's been a bad autumn for me). Usually I do some skeletons, spider webs, grim reapers, ghosts, spooky music blasting, that kind of thing. A couple of years I've done a whole graveyard thing, with rats and snakes and tarantulas, arms sticking out of the ground and corpses hanging from the trees, etc. Someday I'll do a whole haunted house.

13. What do you want on your tombstone?
Birth and death dates a really long time apart. mk

No comments: