Sunday, October 07, 2007

Here There Be Pirates

Kids are with X on Halloween (which, in case I haven't mentioned it before, is my FAVORITE holiday). Anyway, since I am deprived of their presence and the ability to take them trick-or-treating, I have been forced to make other plans.

My other plans are to help Brenda do her yard and porch in a Haunted Pirate theme. I've already got a lot of Halloween stuff stocked up, and have recently purchase a few more items that were missing and needed. Well, in the process, I have fired up an enthusiasm in the kids for the whole pirate thing (not that this was hard, mind you...what kid doesn't love pirates? hell, what adults?). Kira wants to be a pirate girl for Halloween, and Mark wants to be a dead pirate (he got that from me, since Brenda and I are going to be dead pirates).

Well, here's the first fitting for the dead pirate outfit.Here's a full-shot, in slightly stronger lighting (I just liked the darker tone of the first picture). Not showing are the bright-blue soccer shorts Mark has on with this outfit. He'll also be wearing the zombie hands as soon as I go get them out of the costume closet. (Yes, I have a Halloween costume closet. I told you, I am INTO this holiday.) I still need to figure out pants, which won't be hard, and boots, which might prove a problem without getting expensive. Particularly since the kids are just going to wear these things for the Halloween carnival at school (I'm wearing this dead pirate stuff on Halloween, and besides, I wouldn't want to deprive their father of the joy of putting together a costume for them).

Kira's costume I'm having to make a large portion of. It won't be too hard, just a shirt and a corset, because she already has brown gaucho pants and leather-look boots. I was able to get all the material on clearance, so I'm in for about $10. Which is a small, small investment for the amount of hyper-pleasure I get for this holiday.

OK, I need to go tuck Kira into bed, and admire her glow-in-the-dark nail polish (that we are both wearing. It's cool stuff.).

Hey, check out the thing below. What's your pirate name? mk



My pirate name is:


Black Mary Bonney



Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network

2 comments:

The Beast Mom said...

ok, that's really scary. if my kids saw that costume in real life, they'd be running away. ;)

-bm

markira said...

Bwah ha ha ha haaaaaaa....EXcellent. EXXXXXXXXXcellent! mk