Friday, October 12, 2007

Mark's Latest Way to Get Out of Doing It Mom's Way

Raining like *crazy* this morning. Wind strong enough to blow the basketball hoops over. Thunder. Lightning. All that jazz.

So, rather naturally, I thought, I reminded the kids to wear their rain jackets. Kira got right in hers, buttoned up to the neck with the hood up (kids look so CUTE in rain jackets). Mark comes in wearing a hooded sweatshirt.

mk: Um, Mark, you really should wear a raincoat.
Mark: I'll be fine, I have this sweatshirt.
mk, still trying: You're going to soak right through that sweatshirt, soak your shirt, and then you'll be wet and uncomfortable all day.
Mark: Nah, I'll be fine.
mk, STILL trying: Really, get a raincoat.
Mark: Mom, sometimes I just need to make these mistakes for myself.

1 comment:

The Beast Mom said...

Mark's closing line is classic. You should print that on many small cards and hand him one every time you COULD say, "I told you so" but refrain from doing so. Because you're cool and collected like that. ;)

-bm

p.s. I tagged you.