Thursday, March 15, 2007

Killed. Or worse, expelled.

You know in Harry Potter where they fight the troll in the bathroom and then afterwards Hermione says, "I'm going to bed before either of you comes up with another clever idea to get us all killed. Or worse, expelled." Obviously, I, too, "Need to sort out my priorities."

Mark had his basketball recognition dessert on Tuesday. You know, show up, the kids get their participation certificates, coach says something nice about everyone, eat cake, go home. Well, it was held in the gym at school, half the gym was empty, and so naturally the kids grabbed a basketball and played a little beforehand. It was really fun to watch them all enjoying themselves so much.

After the certificates were passed out, the boys pretty much inhaled the cake and went back out to play some more. I was ready to leave, walked over, told him to c'mon, was told to wait while they finished their game of Knockout...y'know, regular stuff. Then they finished (Mark came in second, by the way), and he was horsing around and did one of those running jumps, grabbed the net and was hanging by it. So I yell at him to let go, he's gonna rip the net. He lets go, drops down, grabs stuff, and we're walking out. And here's the conversation:

mk: "Yeah, I don't want you doing that. You could rip the net."
Mark: "Hey! If my fingers got stuck I could've broken them!"
mk: "I don't care about your fingers, I care that you could've ripped the net."

I did not realize that a teammate of his was listening until he burst out laughing at this point.

I am so obviously now out of this year's running for Mom of the Year. mk

p.s. Will check in again soon with skunk post.

No comments: