Sunday, April 23, 2006

April 23, 2006

Ah. My first blog entry ever. I've been debating back and forth about whether I would ever be interested in posting my thoughts etc. on the World Wide Web. I mean, it's really just so voyeuristic, the entire weblog concept. Well, here I am, joining right in, so what does that say about me? Particularly curious considering my extreme paranoia about what people say and think about me, to the point of social avoidance. I guess that makes me an ideal creature of the Web, though, doesn't it, with its simultaneous anonymity and global access?

The sheer variety of information that is available about the average person is intriguing, if occasionally a little frightening. If you haven't already, try Googling yourself and see what comes up. I've been able to find a $10 donation I made to a Cambodian charity for malaria mosquito netting. How bizarre.

Of course, I must end this blog entry with a quote from Rocky Horror Picture Show's Time Warp: "In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention....well-secluded, I see all."

Kid alert. Must run.

No comments: