Thursday, October 22, 2015

Spoon Theory

Jenny (The Bloggess) put something in her most recent book, "Furiously Happy." It was a piece written by Christine Miserandino on her blog. The piece was called "The Spoon Theory."

Go read it. I'll wait.

This piece resonated so thoroughly with me that I thought if I ever wrote anything even half as relevant to how my life is, I would be a goddess. It's perfect. It is -exactly- how to show someone who hasn't the first clue what it's like to live with an "invisible illness" (lupus, MS, mental illness, pick your poison), what the daily struggle is. Even though most people are STILL not going to get it that EVERY. SINGLE. DAY is like this. All of them. Even the good ones.

The bad days are when we didn't run the dishwasher, and all the spoons are dirty. ~mk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy New Year mk..!

Paul in Mass.