Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Joint Compound

I decided this morning to work more on Kira's room. She's been waiting so patiently for me to get her room done. I still needed to do some wall repair, so I set out to get the stuff for that.

Ladder, check. Joint tape, check. Putty knives, check. Joint compound: can't find it.

Now, I -know- I have a fairly new container of it, because I had done some other wall repair in her room and bathroom. It -should- be with the rest of the room renovation stuff. It's not. I searched all over the house, the basement, the trunk of the Intrepid (don't ask why I was storing some of it in there), her room, the hallway, and then all of those places all over again. I peered as best as I could into the little bathroom in her room (that she has blocked off with a bookcase in the doorway). No luck. Third time full round looking around, and I'm about to give up. I'm pouring sweat from crawling around and moving things (which I really shouldn't be doing with my shoulder, but I get stubborn sometimes. I know, you're all shocked).

Then it occurs to me to check the corners of the little bathroom one more time. I can't quite see them. Can't quite reach my arm through the bookcase to feel in the corners.

So, in what can only be described as one of the weirder things I have done lately, I emptied the bottom shelf of her bookcase and army-crawled through it to peek into her bathroom.

And found the joint compound. mk 
Yeah, that bottom shelf? Was what I somehow got my body through.
I -knew- it was somewhere.

No comments: