Monday, April 24, 2006

April 24, 2006

First and foremost, need to remember my grandmother's birthday. It's the first one since she died. I miss you, Mammy!!!!

Mom and Dad are even now in the air on their way to Florida for yet another of their vacations. I am sooooo jealous. I haven't been on a plane since 1993, when I went to Alaska for a month. I'd love to take a vacation....(and here's my secret: I'd love to take it ALONE). Sigh. Not for quite awhile, I'm sure. At least I have something to look forward to at the end of this vacation of theirs...Ginnie is sending up an entire suitcase full of clothes that Kristin has outgrown. Yay! Love new kid clothes.

I was making my bed this morning and got to the pillow part. Every time I do that (and I mean EVERY time...yet somehow I never seem to remember it as soon as the pillowcases are on), I think about this game show I saw when I was much younger (teens?). It was men vs. women, and the contest was to see who could make the bed the fastest. Naturally, everyone assumed the woman could, she had the most experience (she was a housewife). But aha! The MAN actually won. The thing that tripped the woman up was that she was trying to make the bed NEATLY, so that it would look nice when it was done. The man just threw everything on, literally stuffed the pillows in the cases and ta-da! He won. Of course, his bed looked like a hurricane hit it, and hers looked like something you'd actually want to sleep in, but since nowhere in the rules was neatness a factor.....I have never forgotten this. Lesson learned? Who knows. But it has stuck with me.

Speaking of beds etc., I have been on a roll with getting the housework done this morning, and I want to stick with it. So I'm going to post this and get back to work.

No comments: