Wednesday, May 14, 2008

You'd Think I Was 80

It's a little after 7, and for the last couple of hours, I've been waging a little war in my head. The debate is whether to go to bed. On the pro side is hello, I'm exhausted. The con side seems to be entirely consisting of the concern with being pathetic, or like an old person who goes to bed at an insanely early hour each day. I'm not really sure what's up with that, maybe a leftover from the "early to bed, early to rise" thing.

I'm never a real night owl. I don't do much sleeping in, either. I'd rather be awake while it's light out. This is my argument to the kids when they want to know why they can't stay up later. Kira agrees with me, she'd rather be awake when it's light and she's allowed to go outside. Mark, well, he seems to lean more towards the night owl/sleep late existence.

All this said, I have been dying to go to bed since about 4:30. I've been able to hold out so far, but it's a fast-losing battle. I'm not really sure why I'm fighting it so hard, since it's not like there's even anyone else here today (kids with X), so I can indulge in the extra sleep without advertising my pathetic loserness (unless, of course, I choose to advertise it on my blog--hi there!).

Wow. I've got the whole day and evening to myself, and what do I choose to do? Sleep. Whoa, hold me back, I am such a party girl!

(yawn) Continue on without me. Last one out, turn off the lights. mk

No comments: