Friday, January 25, 2008

I Know That Sound

That clanking sound and the subsequent running of fluid is the delivery of my own personal supply of expendable liquid gold.

Ya-freakin-hoo, another oil delivery! Now we get to see if keeping my house at 62 degrees and just wearing a lot of sweaters is going to pay off. It better, 'cause I'm getting a little frustrated with by always-slightly-purple fingers. mk

********
Update: Well, since my last delivery (on Christmas Eve, Merry Christmas!), I have used 106 gallons of oil. My bill is 344.50 (336.02 if I pay within the next two weeks).

I actually have used less oil between 12/24 and 1/25 than I used between 11/23 and 12/24. (106 vs. 114.7)

So, purple fingers are worth it, I guess.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I am in looooooove with my digital/programmable thermostat. It just remembers to do things like turn the heat down to 63 overnight, turn it up to 68 before we wake up, back to 64 during the day, et cetera, et cetera... though it'd be even better if it just weren't so freaking cold outside.

Anonymous said...

LET there be HEAT